Legal Question in Discrimination Law in California

Me and My boyfriend have been going out for 2 and a half years. I am now 17 and He is 19. I will be 18 in two months. We are a year and a half apart. My Mom is a drunkard and has Bipolar personality disorder issues and I want to leave and live with other parts of my family so i won't be exposed to this. But she says she will turn him in for dating me because He is older. will he be charged?

Asked on 1/26/13, 3:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daphne Macklin Law Office of Daphne L. Macklin
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Based on your question, it would appear that the relationship began when you were both minors. Consequently I do not believe that this is the type of issue that would qualify as an age-inappropriate relationship. On the other hand, if your true issue involves the challenges you face dealing with your mother, then your options are to wait two months until your 18th birthday or consider filing a petition for emancipation.

Read more
Answered on 1/26/13, 8:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now