Legal Question in Elder Law in California

If a child assumes payments on his mothers mortgage, does the home become his after her death, regardless of how many payments have been made, as long as he has proof that he made the payments?

Asked on 11/03/13, 9:29 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joel Selik
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Not at all. The House would have to be willed to the child, or provided for in a trust, in a contract or other writing or as a joint tenant on the deed.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/13, 9:44 am
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Read more
Answered on 11/03/13, 10:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now