Legal Question in Elder Law in California

Is it necessary or preferable in CA to place a notice to creditors in the paper regarding any final bills?

Asked on 5/24/13, 9:18 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Chris Johnson Christopher B. Johnson, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Not in California--just be sure to get the "Notice to Creditors" judicial council form to any known creditors. Otherwise, creditors who didn't receive notice can file their creditor claims until the probate closes, subject to the one-year statute of limitations in section 366.2 of the Code of Civil Procedure.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 2:48 pm
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

We don't have to do this in California. I am not sure about other states because I only practice California and Federal law. When probate closes, creditors can file a claim. There is a on-year-statute of limitations.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/13, 7:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now