California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/18/13, 8:24 pm

Can someone retract a divorce case without the other parties involvement and get the case removed from the court? My ex-wife originally filed for a divorce, which has been lingering for years due to complications. However, slowly we've agreed on child custody, alimony and support, which has been previously filed with the court. Finally, asset division has been agreed upon and I just filed that agreement with the court along with the final judgement forms. But according to her, she has retracted the case. I have not seen any documents stating such, but is that even possible for her to do this after all this time without anything being required from me? If yes, what will happen when my final judgement documents are received by the judge?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search