California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/12/08, 11:40 am

Spousal Abandonment California

My 61 year old disabled brother has been abandoned (3 weeks ago) by his wife of 20 years. My brother was trapped in his residence until I rescued him and brought him to my home. The wife moved back to the Phillipines without saying if she will return. His business is in shambles, back taxes, delinquent payments, and clients that need to be billed. His medical insurance has lapsed because of non payment. The business is legally in his name and his wife's. They share ownership of a home. Where should I begin? My brother is legally blind and needs living assistance to feed and bathe himself, and he cannot read any documents. Please advise?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search