Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

Can my wife serve the small claims court paper on the neighbor?

My wife and I own an apartment. The neighbor above our apartment, refuses to pay me for the expenses we incurred to fix our apartment when some pipes in his apartment began leaking and lot of water poured into our apartment.

I have sued the neighbor in the small claims court. The papers are signed by me only.

Asked on 10/05/12, 10:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. As a co-owner, she has an interest in the outcome and cannot server process.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/12, 11:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now