Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

hello, in april 2011 i fled to my girlfriend in the usa, in fear of my life in holland, she was also in the hospital at that time and all the curcumstances made me go on a tourist visa , not knowing i could not marry, work or stay , so after the 3 months i overstayed my visa because of my fear of going back home.now in february 2012 i had to go back,(i know i most likely have a 3 year ban ) for medical attention and to get all the paperwork right so we can get married , now my questions are , how do i find out if i have a ban ? can we get married after the ban , or maybe marry in holland while i have ban ? we this overstay effect me for ever? and is there away around this because of my safety here in holland , im scared and want to het out of here asap ! thank you , gr thomas van lanen

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

By returning back to Holland you have defeated your own claim of fear of return. Most people with legitimate fears do not return and choose to file for asylum if proper grounds exist.

In your case if your intention is to move to the US permanently, is to get married either in Holland or in the alternative, petition for a fiancee visa. Good luck.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California