California  |  Personal Injury

Demand for Policy Limits

A few months ago my daughter hit a pedestrian. The pedestrian is a 73 year old woman, and my daughter hit her going about 3 miles an hour (no damage to car whatsoever). The woman was in the process of standing up (after having bent down to pick something up) and was knocked off balance and fell down and hit her head (small cut, and EMT's treated her at scene). Up until now: $344.00 in medical payment. Now, almost 3 months later, the woman has a lawyer who is demanding our ''Policy Limits'', and he says the woman has had 2 brain surgeries, and her lawyer has sent no proof of the claims. I should say here that my daughter is 18 years old, and that the car she was driving is in our (the parents) name, as well as our insurance (which she is legally on). The person handling our insurance told me that the claim is suspicious, and that they've gotten no bills for brain surgeries. Our insurance company will not give out our limits to anyone, but we've been notified that they are sending us a document to sign, either giving our limits or not: to the woman's lawyer.What is the right thing for us to do when we get this document?

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com