Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Hit & Run Accident but car that hit me has no damages

Help!!!

I was rear ended on the freeway by a speeding car in a speeding contest with another. He struck my car, pretended he was gonna pull over but fled the scene when I stopped on the shoulder, I got his lic. plate no. as he drove off. CHP checked out his car but there were no signs of an accident (This car was wearing a bra). There are no witnesses, except my passengers. I got the license plate no., description of driver, make and model of his car, the color of his car, and the description of his competitor's car, BUT, my insurance says it's a UM claim because there isn't enough evidence?!?!?! I matched five things and still NO GOOD!?!?!... My question is, is it possible to sue that A-hole for not taking responsibility for his actions?

We've all seen an accident where one car is thrashed and the other appears not to have been involved at all, right? Another thing I know, is that many times a car causes an accident and leaves the scene, and they are still found responsible for the accident even though their car has no damages (obviously).. Is this possible in my case?

Any ideas, please help...

Thanks a mil....

De California

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Chris Johnson Christopher B. Johnson, Attorney at Law

Re: Hit & Run Accident but car that hit me has no damages

You can certainly make a claim against your uninsured motorist coverage and let them pursue the other driver, or pursue a claim against his insurance company. The same thing happened to me, and I found it easier to take the uninsured motorist route.

E. Stassinos Elias Stassinos, Esq.

YOU have enough evidence to take him to court. YOU CAN SUE HIM.

I HAVE offices all over Los Angeles and Orange County.

310-880-9404

stassinos@attorney.com

Elias Stassinos, Esq.

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

Sure you can sue the person who caused the accident. However, if you file a claim under your UM coverage, your carrier might pursue that person for reimbursement. It is called a subrogation claim. Moreover, if you report him to the police, he'll be charged criminally and will likely lose his driver license. Call me if you need help with your case (323)782-0099.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California