Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

My Grandmother thought she lost her house apt. building 40 years ago in a forecloser, to the neighbors? We always pay the rent on time and they always hated us!! So i goto City Hall and the assessors office and they gave me the original and trustee DEEDS!! Stamped, certified and signed! 2 weeks ago!! With my Grandmothers name on it!! What do we do??

I don't understand your question at all. It seems that you are upset, but that is not helping us as attorneys with the Lawguru network to understand you.

A lender is the one who forecloses. A trustee's deed usually refers to a trustee's deed upon sale which the foreclosing lender or highest bidder gets at the foreclosure sale.

I can't understand who foreclosed, who you paid rent to, and what the neighbors had to do with anything. Is it possible you are talking about a tax foreclosure sale?

William Christian Rodi Pollock

I agree with Anthony that you apear not to uderstand the documents, or thier impact. Unfortunately your description does not indicate what is in the actual chain of title, or what the documents you have actually do. I would suggest a preliminary title report be obtained to detrmine exactly what title says at this time.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California