Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

Hello.i am in real estate transaction as a seller.the buyer has not deposited the earnest money since 7/23 .i took title from a friend on a quitclaim there anyway that i can backout of this deal?please in California.thank you in advance

Asked on 8/09/13, 12:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

An attorney would have to read the contract to advise you. If you wish you may call my office at 818 345-0123

Read more
Answered on 8/09/13, 12:18 pm
William Christian Rodi Pollock
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree. Your rights are governed by the Purchase Agreement. It is probable the lapse of time and failure to remit the deposit will be a breach, but your signed agreement terms are critical. If this was done on the usual CAR forms, the deposit would have been due long before now and presumably would have been deposited to escrow. Do you have an escrow opened? This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter hiring me or my firm.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/13, 12:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now