California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/16/12, 9:39 pm

I am planning on selling my house that's already paid for to purchase a new one. How much time do I have in between selling it and buying a new one to avoid paying any taxes. Also, all my utility bills are in my brother's name, who's my roomate. I bought it 3.5 years ago. How do I prove that I've lived in it all along to the IRS, etc?

Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search