California  |  Real Estate Law

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello, I live in California and while I was moving with a U-Haul when I ran into my neighbor's rain gutters on the side of their house. She got an estimate from her roofer who said that they would charge $700 to replace the gutter and two pieces of asphalt roof singles. Since I thought that this was very high for the estimate, the owner allowed me get another contractor estimate. The estimate turned out to be $250 and they would replace it with the exact same gutters. However, when I presented this to the home owners they declined and stated that the "roof warranty" would be void if we did not go with her contractor.

My question is weather I have any recourse to pay a more reasonable repairs cost? What are my liabilities for the "roof warranty"? And how does home owner's insurance play into this?

Mr. Minh