Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

About 1 year ago I made an attempt, and failed, to purchase some beer at a local Albertsons using a fake ID that had all my real info on it besides the birth date. The cashier took the ID and sent it to the DMV. I just received a letter today, it is a "notice of reexamination." I called and asked what it was regarding and they said fraudulent activity aka fake ID. What is the best angle to approach this? I know I could come clean and admit guilt, but then what am I facing as far as punishment. If it is a license suspension is there a way to get around that, besides a restricted license, because I work strange hours, plus sometimes have side jobs in other cites. I need the work because I am a full time student putting myself through school. I also need my car to drive to school! What is the best strategy here?

Thank you so very much!

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Glen Fleetwood Mister DUI-800-468-2-502

If you are going to go without an attorney, you are dead. Instead, take the suspension, and don't drive for at least a year. The DMV may refer the matter to the DA, but the one year statute of limitations for misdemeanors may have passed.

If you have an attorney, you have a chance of avoiding the suspension. He can attack their evidence, which you cannot do, without waiving your Fifth Amendment right.

No one can tell you magic words to say that will get you out of it, because you cannot defend yourself without admitting you did it.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California