California  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/20/12, 6:00 pm

About 1 year ago I made an attempt, and failed, to purchase some beer at a local Albertsons using a fake ID that had all my real info on it besides the birth date. The cashier took the ID and sent it to the DMV. I just received a letter today, it is a "notice of reexamination." I called and asked what it was regarding and they said fraudulent activity aka fake ID. What is the best angle to approach this? I know I could come clean and admit guilt, but then what am I facing as far as punishment. If it is a license suspension is there a way to get around that, besides a restricted license, because I work strange hours, plus sometimes have side jobs in other cites. I need the work because I am a full time student putting myself through school. I also need my car to drive to school! What is the best strategy here?

Thank you so very much!

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search