California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/30/13, 11:00 am

my father passed away on April 5, this year in ca. I live in Hawaii, I am his only daughter. My uncle has been handling his affairs since 1996. I was told by my dad's caretaker that he had a will and I was to get $140,000. I received a letter from my uncles lawyer, the envelope wasn't sealed and had no post mark.

The letter states that my dad signed his property and money over to my uncle.

Himself and another person witnessed this, and it isn't notarized. I didn't get a copy with this letter. What is the legal procedure for this type of witnessed letter? Do I have any rights at all?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search