California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/20/02, 2:52 am

How can I protect my inheritance

I am a CA resident, my parents live in OK. I am their only living child and will inherit a sizeable sum, mostly property. Living in CA,a community propert state, will my husband have any claim to the inheritence? I know this sounds selfish, but I have only been married 3 years and have no children with him. I have 4 children by a previous marriage and I want to protect them. They deserve to inherit this property, after I'm gone. They have always been close to their grandparents, I tried to talk my parents into dividing the estate between all of us, but they will not hear of it. Is there anything I can do to protect them?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search