California  |  Workers Comp

Hello, I agreed to a settlement with my past employer in Dec. 2012, a workman comp. case. My attorney asked me if I received medicare or medical and I said yes medicare because I am permanently disabled but it is not my primary insurance. hE TOLD ME that no you don't so when I signed the settlement agreement the way he said to I was supposedly saying i did not have medicare.In Jan. 2013 Feb. 2013 no settlement check. Feb. I am told to come into the office and was told that we now had to start over and say yes I do get medicare and that it now has to go before the Medicare/Medical Judge for approval of the amount set aside for any further medical needs for the workman comp. injury. I was told it would only take 8 weeks (two more months) because it's dealing with the government agency and they suck. Every time I call my attorney's they we don't know when. I've asked for a phone number to call but they say there is not one. It is now almost June and still no one knows. Is there someone or something that can be done about this? The time frame is a bite unbelievable. Don't think I'll ever see that money? Thank you so much for all you do you guys are simply amazing.

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.