Legal Question in Tax Law in District of Columbia

Statute of Limitations

I would like to know if there is a statute of limitations, in the DC personal income tax code, for the collection of back taxes. If yes, what is it.

I would also like to know where on the internet I could find the District of Columbia Tax Code.

Robert Beatson, II Law Offices of Robert Beatson, II

Re: Statute of Limitations

(1) DC collections period is generally ten years. (2) I am not sure if DC tax statutes are available online. (3) More facts are needed to properly assess the tax/legal options and strategy available to you/your family. An experienced tax attorney should be able to handle this type of matter for you/your family. Please note that, in accordance with the DC Rules of Professional Conduct applicable to DC licensed attorneys, a signed engagement letter is necessary in order to engage my services as an attorney. If I can be of any help to you, contact me as I would be pleased to provide tax/legal support. Sincerely, Robert Beatson II, 4-24-2004, 12:40 a.m. EST Law Offices of Robert Beatson, II 9818 Glynshire Way, Potomac, MD 20854 Tel/Fax 301-340-2951 email: rbeatsonatty@netscape.net website: www.beatsonlaw.com Practice areas: Tax, business law, computer/high tech/biotech law, intellectual property, trusts/estates/wills, real estate, civil litigation. Licensed to practice law in: DC, MD, VA, and NY.

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in District of Columbia

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms