Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Question about my case

i was arrested back in feruary of this year on a domestic violence charge. The victim has told the state that she does not want to press charges. and even signed a paper stating so. The state said they were going to drop all charges. This has been since February, when i got arrested. Since then its been a bunch a STATUS CONFERENCES. and they changed my public defender like 4 times already. Is there anything that i can do to speed this whole thing up. Like i said its been 7 MONTHS. And I havent even been to court yet. Or talk to anybody. Is there any paperwork i can file on my behalf or something? To speed this whole thing up.???

Robert Roemer Robert Brian Roemer LLC

Re: Question about my case

If you want to press this and force the state attorney to try the case or lose you can make a demand for a speedy trial. However,you or your atty(public defender)might have waived this right. If you would like to persue this further send me a e-mail or call me i am in my office now.

Bradford Cohen Bradford Cohen Law

Re: Question about my case

Speak to your attorney about a speedy trial demand. Although I am sure natural speedy has ran you can still demand a speedy trial. There is some strategy involved so best to go over it with your attorney.

Good luck

Bradford

Valerie Masters Valerie Masters, P.A.

Re: Question about my case

The longer the case, the better for you, usually. I would just sit tight. I would also check with your assigned lawyer.

Russell Mace Russell Mace & Associates P.A.

Re: Question about my case

There are no papers you can really file without the assistance of an attorney. If you want to call my office the number is 1-800-94-TRIAL.

Russell Mace

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida