Florida  |  Business Law

I just received a summons. My former employer is suing me for $15000, claim I breached a non compete and stole confidential information(customer lists, etc). He is claiming the non compete stated I would not work for 3 years or within 30 miles for a competitor or open a similar business. The company I worked for was a dry leaner. First, I don't remember ever signing a no compete. The company was sold a year ago, and it is the current owner that is suing me, I left my job September 2013. If I did infact sign a no compete it would have been in 2006, with the previous owner. In 2009 I did open a company that offered laundry service, in fact the company I worked for used my company for their laundry service. My former company continued to use my company until last week. My former employer was aware that I owned a laundry business, and chose to use it. This past summer my company started accepting dry cleaning as part if it's pick up and delivery service(there is no store front), I would take this cleaning to a third party to be cleaned. I never inform my employer I was doing this until after I left . The amount of dry leaning I accepted while employed was in the neighborhood of $500, maybe.

I have no money to defend this. Is there legal help I can get? Could this be scare tactic by my former employer? He is also stating, I stole services and materials, I have no idea what he is talking about. My wife also received the summons. She is not an officer of my company and has never recieve a paycheck from my company. Does this affect her?