Florida  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/07/04, 12:17 am

Houseguest responsible for apartment fire

I allowed a friend to stay at my apartment while I was away for 10 days. He started a fire after putting oil on the stove and went and laid down. He was not injured but the apartment was destroyed and my belongings were ruined by smoke and soot. The only insurance I had was liability for the apartment but no property insurance. I am also without a place to live. Is there anything I can do to get him to pay for the damage he has done?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search