Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida


how do i find out how to start a lawsuit against a mechanic whom i paid 500 dollars to install a used engine in my car and he never did it

Asked on 11/10/00, 3:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott R. Jay Law Offices of Scott R. Jay
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: fraud

I suggest that you go to the local County Court for the area in which you live. Ask the clerk to supply you with the necessary forms to file a Petition in Summary Procedure which include a PreTrial Notice as well as the Petition. You will need to know the legal name of the mechanic and whether or not the business in incorporated. If so, you need to check with the Secretary of State to find our who the registered agent is. Service should be made on the registered agent or the president of a corporation.

Scott R. Jay, Esq. (305) 249-8000

Read more
Answered on 11/19/00, 9:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now