Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

I was contacted today by an agency saying I was getting served to appear in court for a debt dating back to 2008. I do not remember having a credit card with the specific bank They wanted to settle for a lesser amount and wanted to send me an letter of agreement which I agreed to. I am worried that this might be a bogus company. I even expressed those concerns. Plus they want the payment electronically. However even if I do owe the debt I am skeptical about sending money electronically when I am not even sure if I owe the debt and/or if this a legitimate company Don't know what to do plus is there a statue of limitations on credit card debt? I won't be able to pull my credit report for a few days and called the bank I supposedly owe and they gave me the company name but that phone number is disconnected and isn't the company that contacted me. Plus if I still get a summons should I accept the summons?

Steven Meyer Law Offices of Steven Meyer

Florida has a time limit for suing a person on a debt. The company that contacted you may have purchased the debt, but it may be too late for them to sue you. You should definitely consult with an attorney to go over the details.

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

First ask to see the paper work. May be a scam.

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

See a consumer lawyer in your area for assistance. We win these cases 99% of the time. Do not agree to pay without seeing a consumer lawyer. Our fees are nominal since we get paid most of our fees from the credit card companies. . See www.ConsumerLawyerHelp.com for assistance.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms