Florida  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/19/06, 8:54 am

I have been falsely accused of domestic violance. What can I do?

My wife (who was and is under psychiatric care) falsely claimed (fabricated lies/stories in the police report) that I hit her and told police that there has been a violance in the past. In reality, she lied to the police (she says she didn't know what she was doing because of missed medication) to get me in trouble, hoping to solve our marriage problems. She said she was too stupid to know the consequences of that police report. Now nobody believes her when she tries to remove that report. They think I am presuring her. The fact is, I don't know if that report shows up on the background check (there was no arrest made but the report is there in public records) but it bothers me so much that I got sick and had to take a leave from my work (and then forced to quit). It affected my life adversely and even though we contacted many offices (some lawyers, judges, ACLU) nobody seems to be able to help. Everyone is referring to everyone else.

Don't we have protection laws for people like me? Falsely accused. What is someone says I am a rapist or a drug dealer. Don't police need to interview me before making claims on public records? Don't we have punishment for lying to the police and ruining someone else's reputation. Please help!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search