Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida

So this past Friday, my friends and I got pulled over for the tint being too dark on his vehicle. Long story short, the driver said it was fine to search the car. The police (who was a narcotics officer) found a small vacuum sealing container that smelt like and contained a couple tiny (really tiny) crumbs of marijuana. This is the second time I have received a notice to appear for possession of drug paraphernalia. The first time (about a year ago) I was put on probation, had to take a class, and pay some fees (completed everything in about about a week and was off probation) but I did a background check of myself on the state website and it pulled up no record of me. So I guess my question is what can I be expecting in court?

Another note I should add. The officer pulled me aside and told me that if I work with them to bust a dealer of mine (my identity being kept confidential), the charges would be dropped, however, this could potentially put me in a sticky situation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Don Waggoner Don Waggoner Law, P.A.

Do not, under any circumstance, work for the cop. He is lying to you about the charge being dropped and he is putting you in danger. Unless the MJ was found on you personally, they very likely cannot convict you of the crime. See an attorney and get some good advice.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida