Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

abandonment by spouse

my 51 year old husband left myself and our daughter (13) after 14 years married 6.What are my rights legally? He left me with nothing but what is in this rented house. He wants to join a motorcycle gang and be free. Midlife crisis. We have no money and I do not know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Asked on 7/04/09, 8:25 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gordon Fenderson Fenderson Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: abandonment by spouse

You have rights. Would you like to file for divorce? Please contact me if that is the case.

Read more
7/04/09, 10:11 am
Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: abandonment by spouse

Unfortunately, the question, "What are my rights?" is just too big a question to be answered in this forum. You may have many rights. If you file for divorce and keep majority time share ("custody"), which sounds likely, you'll be entitled to child support. In some parts of Florida, you've been married long enough to be a good candidate for permanent alimony. You're probably also entitled to half the "marital property," which may include retirements and pensions.

Call me if you'd like my help.

Read more
7/04/09, 1:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now