Florida  |  Family Law

Caught My Husband Dealing Drugs

We are currently separated but still living in the same house. I recently found marijuana, scale and bags to distribute in my kitchen. I have two small children and I do not know what to do. I have no family in the state and I am currently unemployed. Florida law says I can not take the kids out of state without his permission and he will not consent. I am afraid if he gets caught I will get in trouble because I know and my children will be taken away.

Answered on: 4/05/09, 10:02 am by Brent Rose

Re: Caught My Husband Dealing Drugs

Florida law says you can't remove the kids without his permission or without a judge's permission (emphasis on the judge part). This may give you enough ammunition to get out of the state. If nothing else, file your divorce. I feel fairly certain a judge will give you the house, at least temporarily during the divorce, because of the drugs. Either way, your kids will be away from the drugs.

The Orsini & Rose Law Firm PO Box 891325 Tampa (and Throughout Florida), FL 33689