Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Caught My Husband Dealing Drugs

We are currently separated but still living in the same house. I recently found marijuana, scale and bags to distribute in my kitchen. I have two small children and I do not know what to do. I have no family in the state and I am currently unemployed. Florida law says I can not take the kids out of state without his permission and he will not consent. I am afraid if he gets caught I will get in trouble because I know and my children will be taken away.

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Re: Caught My Husband Dealing Drugs

Florida law says you can't remove the kids without his permission or without a judge's permission (emphasis on the judge part). This may give you enough ammunition to get out of the state. If nothing else, file your divorce. I feel fairly certain a judge will give you the house, at least temporarily during the divorce, because of the drugs. Either way, your kids will be away from the drugs.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida