Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/21/09, 2:37 pm

My husband wants to adopt my son

I had a son with a person that lives in another country (Dominican Republic), I came to U.S a day after my child was conceived, and my child was born in U.S, and my name is the only one on the birth certificate.

I have been married for a year to a man that has been the father figure of my child (we married when my son was 7 months). My son's biological father has never paid a penny for him, las time we talked on the phone was about 6 months


How can my husband legally adopt my son? would we need the consent of the biological father? even though there is no legal document that says he is the father?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search