Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I live in the state of Florida...I am the step father to a 3 year old daughter. In April my wife's ex-husband came back into the picture and requested shared custody...he has however moved to Buffalo New York. He has no relationship with the child and has only Skyped with her. He is upset because the child calls me dad and says that isn't allowed. He is also asking the judge for custody during all major holidays plus summer vacation. He currently is 12,000 behind in child support although he has paid the last 4 months. My wife and I are teachers, we are educated and he and his wife live in government housing. I just wanted to know what are the chances he gets what he is asking for? We have offered him numerous parenting plans that he has turned down because he believes that he should get her for the entire summer...Christmas, thanksgiving, Easter, his and her birthday and spring break. My step daughter is very fearful of him, when we have her Skype she cries and screams...I just wanted to know the liklehood of it going in his favor?

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

If he is in NY the court will likely award him most of the summer, plus half of all holiday vacations.

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

If this is in a Florida court, time sharing and child support are considered totally separate issues. This depends on what your jurisdiction considers long distance visitation. Your clerk of court may have a handout available.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida