Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/21/06, 2:41 pm

Settlement collection

The petition for divorce was filed in 1998 and finalized in 2002 - the property settlement stated my ex-husband was to pay for half of our accumulated marriage debt. He owed me for the payments made until finalization and then was to pay half since then. He has refused to pay anything. How do I collect? He also gets one child as a tax deduction - I have taken both children and apply the money to our debt. The IRS has sent me notice stating I can only take one because he pays child support my attorney said according to the IRS it was who the child resides with (me) Should I try to dispute the IRS? Child support was set with credit for him paying for the children's medical insurance (stated in divorce decree) and half the co-pays - I have supplied the insurance and all co-pays - can I get it revised?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search