Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Is it possible ti sue a person emotional distress if they've had an extra marital affair with your spouse (with knowledge that your spouse is married) and gets pregnant from spouse? Also is this even more possible to win the case being that I have a heart condition and the situation has put great stress on me?

Asked on 2/27/12, 4:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sorry. Florida has ruled out being able to file for Alienation of Affection.. and secondly, there is no law again for intentional afflication of emotional distress. I suggest you divorce your husband, and file for marital assets that he has expended on his paramour to reimburse you for the loss of the marital assets.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/12, 2:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now