Florida  |  Civil Litigation

Credit Card Fraud Recourse

My family went to Orlando for Thanksgiving week. A few weeks later, right before Christmas, my credit card company informed me that they were cancelling my account because they had indication that it was being used fraudulently. Not tog et into the details, but I had a week of hell on top of an already busy time. My card was connected to many payments and I was cancelled all o ver the place with services being shut off. I was not done with my Christmas shopping, had many hassles, visits and phone calls for about amonth until it was all straightened out.

Recently, two waitresses were chraged in a credit card scheme in Orlando, FL that was operating during the time of our visit. I've asked the Orland District Attorney's office for the name of the restaurant so I can compare it to my credit card records.

What kind of recourse do I have against these women and the restaurant they worked for?

Janet M.

New York