Florida  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/30/13, 12:30 pm

My mother is in dispute with my sister over ownership of a property. My sister was purchasing the home, but never finished paying for it. She may have gotten my mother to sign a quit claim deed, under false pretenses of course, and states she owns the property. I know she actually didn't finish paying the payments, due to other financial problems she was having at the time. She took a "break" in payments,and never started back. My mother has no records of payments made, due to the nature of the "handshake deal with her daughter". I am unsure if my sister has account statements or canceled checks proving her payments made. How does my 80 year old mother go about, getting her last payments or taking back her home legally? under the Elder Care Law, Real Estate, or any attorney?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search