Legal Question in Tax Law in Florida


My boyfriend owes the IRS back taxes. If I marry him, would they be able to take this money from my checking account ?Would I be responsible for this money also?

Asked on 6/25/09, 8:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steven Klitzner Steven N. Klitzner, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Irs/marriage

No. However, if you have a joint bank account, they may be able to levy all of the money. The best idea for him is to make arrangements with the IRS to resolve the problem. If he does not owe much money, he may be able to do it without an attorney. Call me. If I think it is something that can be worked out without hiring help, I will tell you. Steve Klitzner

Read more
Answered on 6/25/09, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now