Florida  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/13/12, 9:40 am

To clarify on the question below...They haven't seen my dad's DPA. I asked the FL DOR if I could send it to them and they said no. They will only accept the DR-835 form. Can they do that without even looking at the DPA?


My dad has a durable power of attorney (DPA) where I am the attorney in fact. The Florida Department of Revenue said that they would not accept his DPA, that I would need to fill out their form DR-835. The DR-835 form is titled, "Florida Department of Revenue POWER OF ATTORNEY and Declaration of Representative." Why is the DPA not being accepted? My dad paid a lawyer to draw up the papers so he would not have to deal with this when something happened to him. Seems to me that a DPA is a worthless piece of paper. Can companies continue to not accept it?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search