Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I was the exxecutor for my father's estate in 2010. I just recently received a 1099 divedend for a stock that must have a\had been from dividend re-investment sdhares = 4 shares. I had already had the normal shares distributed. Well, now the Transfer Agent wants a current Court Executor decree that's not 60 days old, mine was in 2010, or, a Final Decree which I don't have. So, what do I do without spending more money?

Asked on 2/28/12, 10:24 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unless they are willing to work with you, you won't have much choice to get something from the court authorizing the transfer. That probably will cost something to do.

Sometimes transfer agents will do it because it is so little in value.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/12, 10:37 am
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Send him a copy of the death certificate and the papers you had appointing you PR of your father's estate. Tell him to deal with it.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/12, 2:23 pm
Frank J. Pyle Probate Attorney Throughout Florida
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are going to have to reopen the probate.

Read more
Answered on 3/03/12, 7:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now