Legal Question in Workers Comp in Florida

What are Work Related Stress Claims in florida? I am an assistant manager that is being stressed at work and treated unfairly with alot of job related tasks. He tries to run the retail store like a military boot camp, getting in people faces and yelling and belittleing at the other employees, including myself most of all. Making me come home and practically cry to my husband about the events that occured in my day. Many people Have told me that he is a an unrealistic and over powering person. I need to know what are my rights and what can I do?

Jane-Robin Wender JANE-ROBIN WENDER, P.A.

No. Workers' Compensation in Florida does not cover any stress/psychological claims unless there is a specific physical injury that preceeds the stress. Further, Florida is an "at will" state which means that your employer can terminate you for any reason so long as it is not because of religion, gender, race. He sounds like a horrible manager but he is the manager and is acting within the law. You should look for other employment.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Florida

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms