Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Georgia

My ex-husband filed for bankruptcy and I recieved a notice of chapter 7 bankruptcy from the court that he listed me as a creditor. I recieve child support from him for our 3 children. Do I have to file any papers or do anything to protect the child support I recieve?

Asked on 1/29/10, 2:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Possibly. Although Chapter 7 does not eliminate child support, it may affect you.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/10, 2:26 pm
Bernd Stittleburg Stittleburg Law Offices, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Child support is not dischargeable in bankruptcy.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/10, 2:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now