Legal Question in DUI Law in Georgia

i was arrested for dui. i voluntarily took a breath test at the scene, but when i asked to see the results the officer said it was already erased. when i bonded out, the paperwork i was given states that i had refused the breath test and that a blood test was administered, which never happened. my wallet was not returned either, and upon inquiring about its location, the officer said he must have left it on the bumper of the vehicle. i was also charged with possession of alcohol by a minor (i won't be 21 until november), but there was no alcohol in the vehicle. while i was picking up my property as i was bonding out, the officer who returned my property advised me that there have been multiple complaints about this officer in terms of both following proper protocol and missing property. is there a way i can look up the officer's 'work record' or 'complaint record'? and, does the inaccurate information on the charges mean it will have to be thrown out?

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You have a serious charge. Unless you file proper paperwork, in ten days, you lose your license for a year. You also face up to two years in jail, up to $2000 in fines plus costs, and many thousands in increased insurance premiums. You have two choices - make a huge mess thinking you can on your own sort this out, or get the best DUI lawyer you can afford. Remember, a mere ten days after arrest you will have already missed one key deadline. That means, retain counsel Monday morning.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Georgia