Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Georgia

Can Dolly Parton take my personal belongings?

I attended a Dolly Parton concert on July 25 in Atlanta GA at the Earthlink live concert venue. At the end of the concert, I took my last picture of Dolly while she was singing. At the same time, hundreds of other people were also taking pictures of her. As soon as I had taken the picture, a security guard came up to me and demanded that I give him my camera. I asked why, and he replied, ''No pictures may be taken''. I argued with him and the head of security and a policeman working the venue. They told me I had no right to take Dolly's picture without permission. They took my film. Only several small notices were on the door saying, ''no cameras'' which I did not see coming in. It was not verbally told at the ticket check. Can they legally take my property?

Howard Leib Howard D. Leib, Esq.

Re: Can Dolly Parton take my personal belongings?

Yes, most likely they can take your property. In addition to the "several small notices (that) were on the door saying, 'no cameras'" it was also probably on your tickets. It is a condition of their allowing you admittance and something you "agree" to when buying the tickets. While it is unusual for them to enforce it, it is not unheard of. The bottom line is they are required, in their agreement with the performer, to do things like this. The performers have their own economic reasons for insisting on it.

Howard Leib

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

Line Number: 122

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Georgia

Entertainment & Sport Law Legal Forms