Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

i had someone call dfcs on me and told them i did drugs and didnt care for my chidren and my house was dirty. well they came over and looked at my house and stuff which was a little messy i have 3 small children well she said i had to clean up and stuff and she would come back and check it and if i passed my drug test after she came back out and checked my house a few more times she would close the case. well i passed the drug test and shes suppose to come back tomorrow to check the house and close the case. well my questions are:

1. what are my rights if something happens like this again?

2. if dfcs cant find anything on you when someone calls them what is the time frame for them to interrogate and invade your privacy? how long can they mess with you?

3. if i ask them who called them do they have to tell me? what stops someone getting mad at you and calling dfcs on you?

Martin Hilliard Martin G. Hilliard, PC

DFAC can mess with you forever, however if they come back and don't find anything out of place, so to speak and more calls come in from the same person, they usually figure that it is someone trying to start trouble and will likely tell them so. Just keep your nose clean.

Martin

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia