Georgia  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/22/07, 9:59 am

How to get ex off of car title

My car title is currently in the name of both my ex-husband and myself, but the loan is in my name only. The car will not be paid off for another 7 months.

My Ex-Husband now lives in another state and we have limited contact. I would like to know if he signs a limited power of attorney, will that be sufficient to have the car title changed over to my name only once the car is paid off? If not, can you tell me what is best to do in this situation?

The divorce decree does not have specific mention of this car in it.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search