Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Georgia

Sue for unpaid rent after default judgement

I went to court for eviction due to unpaid rent. The judge awarded the writ of possession by instanter and there was a default judgement because the tenants didnt show. The amount of unpaid rent was cited on the judgement but what exactly does that mean?

Won't I have to sue to try to get the money otherwise, a report on their credit report can show that they owe money.

Basically I want to try and get the money back or have a judgement show on their credit report until they do.

Asked on 11/15/07, 2:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Georgia