Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

I was in a car accident on 11/12/12. The a driver hit the back of my vehicle because she had faulty breaks (she stated this in the police report), which caused my car to skid into another vehicle. It's been 4 days and her insurer keeps saying that they could not get in contact with the driver at fault and that the time of her coverage is in question. I am unable to drive my vehicle as the damage is pretty severe. My insurer is telling me to wait on what the other insurer finds on the driver at fault's coverage. I want to call a lawyer but I've been advised against it. What should I do?

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

The insurer, whose job is NOT to pay you, is trying to rip you off and keep you from seeing a lawyer. Even worse, you are talking to them directly. On average, people get about 1/3 of the settlement amount without a lawyer that they get with a lawyer, and denials in that situation are common.

If you were hurt at all, you already should have retained counsel and in the meantime you should STOP all communication with the insurer. You need counsel, yesterday. Feel free to call me for a free consultation at 404-768-3509 if you were hurt in the accident. In the meantime, be sure to get medical care, as delay in treatment is medically and legally dangerous.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia