Legal Question in Tax Law in Georgia

Hi. I inherited half an acre of land in GA. Do I have to pay an estate tax on this? When would I be required to pay it? Thank you.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe now, maybe later. You are asking for a guess, like asking whether you owe income tax without any clue about your income or deductions. That won't help you. See a tax accountant or CPA.

Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

I agree with Mr. Riddle. It will depend on factors a CPA or estate planning attorney with all of the facts could better answer.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at hmgrmg@yahoo.com, or through our website: hicksmasseyandgardner.com.

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Georgia

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms