Legal Question in Veterans Law in Georgia

GI Benefits and discharge

I have 2 periods of service one the 1st is honorable and the 2nd is under hornorable conditions. I want to apply for GI benefits but I an not sure if I 1st need to apply for an upgrade of my discharge status from my last period of service. If I do who can I contact in the state of GA to help me with this. I was discharged due to refusal of dental care. The first time I went to the dentist I was apprehensive because I had no dental pain, the second time I went he was unable to perform surgery cause I was sick and had a temp. Because of this I was listed as non-deployable. and given a underhonorable conditions(general) discharge. I really need help changing this discharge. Is there anyone in GA that can assist me.

Asked on 5/26/09, 8:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Patrick Tracy Patrick J. Tracy, Esq, P.E.,
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: GI Benefits and discharge

You need to contact one of the service organizations such as PVA or DAV to assist you with this activity. They will assist you on a no fee basis.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 5/26/09, 8:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88423 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Michelle ScopelliteGoldstein & Scopellite, PCTucson, AZ
Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now