Legal Question in Veterans Law in Georgia

GI Benefits and discharge

I have 2 periods of service one the 1st is honorable and the 2nd is under hornorable conditions. I want to apply for GI benefits but I an not sure if I 1st need to apply for an upgrade of my discharge status from my last period of service. If I do who can I contact in the state of GA to help me with this. I was discharged due to refusal of dental care. The first time I went to the dentist I was apprehensive because I had no dental pain, the second time I went he was unable to perform surgery cause I was sick and had a temp. Because of this I was listed as non-deployable. and given a underhonorable conditions(general) discharge. I really need help changing this discharge. Is there anyone in GA that can assist me.

Patrick Tracy Patrick J. Tracy, Esq, P.E.,

Re: GI Benefits and discharge

You need to contact one of the service organizations such as PVA or DAV to assist you with this activity. They will assist you on a no fee basis.

Good luck!

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Georgia