Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

my father died this year of alzheimers, my mother had gardianship and conservertorship, however because of my dad's mental status he had no will. Does my Mom automatically get everything, which is only a house and property there is no money except his ssi and retirement from coca-cola.

Asked on 10/25/10, 5:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

What happens with the house depends on how the deed is written, whether she seeks years support, or whether there is a probate. You may also recieve things.

It is very important that a lawyer be retained immediately.

Read more
Answered on 10/30/10, 5:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now