Georgia  |  Wills and Trusts

I am not sure where my question falls.

I received this from one of my siblings yesterday.

After talking with our siblings and the lawyer, and after having the house appraised we have decided that a fair price for the house to you will be $85,000. The estate will not pay for any of the repairs to the house.

This decision was brought about with the realization that the house, which should have generated between $150,000 to $200,000 for the estate, suffered a great loss of value due to the neglect of you, D and Mom. Essentially, this ten year stretch when maintenance was totally absent resulted in the loss to the estate of about $80,000 or a loss of $20,000 to each of us. We know that Mom asked you to have the repairs done and to send the bills to her. This was not done so now all of us will have to absorb the loss.

You have a choice, you can take the house for $85,000 and pay for the repairs. If you and D do some of the work yourselves, you will come out with a house worth much more than the money you will have to contribute. If you decide not to take the house, the estate will sell it for what we can get and the proceeds will go back to the estate. You and D will have to move as soon as possible so that we can have the house cleaned etc.

Please let us know your decision as soon as possible.

In the will, it states in B&W, the house is MINE. Your thoughts?