Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

Uncle died earlier this year in GA. Only asset was house. It was paid for, and he left no debts. My Uncle and Aunt had no children. I am durable power of attorney for my Aunt, who has Alzheimer's . Can I file a petition for years support to get the house in my Aunt's name, using the power of attorney to sign for her?

Asked on 10/15/12, 7:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can't use a power of attorney for that. You need to see a probate lawyer. It is possible you could be appointed a guardian and then as guardian be able to deal with probate. You will want to sit down with a lawyer to determine if years support, or no administration necessary, or adminstration, is best in your case.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/12, 11:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now