Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Illinois


My father left me all of his money when he died. I turn 18 in 2 months and will legally be able to take the money out of my bank account. My mother claims she is going to try to go to court to ask if she can be in charge of my money once I'm 18. Can she legally try to do that?

Asked on 7/14/05, 10:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thaddeus Hunt Law Offices of Thaddeus Hunt
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Inheritance

Normally no unless there is some provision in your father's will or perhaps some other agreement that would not allow you the entire amount.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/05, 11:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now